Terms & Technologies
What’s the Benefit?
Airbags are designed to enhance occupant protection.
All Honda vehicles are equipped with a variety of airbags to help protect vehicle occupants.
- Front airbags are designed to supplement the seat belts in a moderate-to-severe frontal collision.
- Front side airbags are designed to inflate to help protect the driver and front passenger in the event of a moderate-to-severe side impact.
- Side curtain airbags are designed to enhance outboard-occupant protection in side-impact collisions and rollover events.
- Select vehicles feature driver’s and front passenger’s knee airbags designed to help properly position the driver and front passenger to take advantage of other vehicle safety features during a collision sufficient to deploy the front airbags.
- Select vehicles are equipped with outboard rear side airbags to help enhance second-row protection in a side impact.