The major benefits of aerodynamic design include:
• Better fuel efficiency36 (especially at highway speeds).
• Quieter ride at highway speeds due to less turbulence and wind noise.
• Better stability and resistance to crosswinds.
Honda subjects each model to extensive wind-tunnel testing.
• Honda automobiles feature flat, turbulence-reducing underbody panels, and flush-fitting headlights, glass and door handles.
• Mirrors are rounded, bumpers are smoothly contoured and grille openings are minimized to further aid in drag reduction.
• Special attention is given to the gaps and seams where body panels, doors and bumpers meet.